Each time you see a new play at the theatre this spring and summer, you will also see a different display of art on the walls. Drawing upon a wealth of artists in a 60 km radius, your eyes will be delighted by the variety of styles, mediums, and subject matter expressed by our artists.
Who Is Involved:
Local art group, APSA (Association of Port Stanley Artists), gathers the artists, curates and hangs the ever-changing display throughout the year. https://portstanleyartists.com/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/303903062995281/
All work is for sale. The box office is ready to help you with your purchase; they will take it off the wall and ring it up for you! When you support artists you are also supporting the theatre – a percentage of each art sale gives back to the PSFT. Lastly, you are supporting yourself by taking home a lasting image to enjoy always.
When To See The Art:
Before the play, during intermission, and after the play. Enjoy a beverage in the Palmer Room and take in the stunning harbour view on the patio, as well as the fine art display.
When you are not attending the theatre, the art can be viewed any time during box office hours by checking in with our box office personnel.
- Music-themed work from a variety of artists during the The Crooner Show and A Legal Alien. April 22nd – May 30th ON HOLD
- A non-themed variety of all kinds of artistic subject matter during the run of Jonas and Barry in the Home. June 3rd – 27th. CANCELLED
- The art displayed for this show will reflect the themes of the play, Our House. Look for travel images, recreational vehicles, aging, retirement, and the theatre! July 1st – 18th.
- A two-person art show will feature bodies of work by two of our artists during Hurry Hard. July 22nd to August 15th.
- The last season production, Perils of Persephone will be themed by our artists. This time look for art depicting rural references, politics, farm kitchens, fossils, toxic dumps, and cows. August 19th-Sept. 12th.
Currently Up In The Theatre:
Until April 20, enjoy a display of art in a variety of interesting mediums. For more info on our exhibits and our artists, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marilyn Birchmore
- Gail Gifford
- Pamela Vezina
- Deborah Stephen
- Rosemary Nagel
- Richard Cochrill
- Karen Clemens
- Cheryl Garrett-Jenkins
- Judy Ross
- Annette Dutton
- Janet Kennedy
- Penny Crichton
- Marcia Pensa
- Sylvie Gilgen